Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Life Drawing

OMFG SO LIKE WTF WAS THAT LIKE THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVAR?!?!?!!!113?? So anyway......



People may want to know how I'm doing in my life drawing class, since I was so dead-set against taking it. Well this is the last pic I drew today but I really liked how all my pics came out today. I was late today and I didn't do any gesture warm-ups.. I don't know if that helped or had a neutral effect but we went into five minutes then straight to twenty minuters, which is what this one is. Not really any value on this one, but I really need to focus on getting anatomy and proportion and that sort of thing. I'm gonna take this class again and the additional ones on like Wednesday and Saturday (yes there's another one in North Park on Saturday) and I'll work my way up to those more sophisticated techniques and details. But anyway, my progress thus far.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

Watch your feet, they look folded in on themselves. And just keep drawing.

10:44 AM  
Blogger BrianMORANTE said...

I think its a good drawing. Good job on sticking with it. Like bill said watchout for the foot and also cutting the foot off at the bottom(people that looked at my portfolio always tell me that). I wont tell you too many things with the anatomy because I'm confident youll learn that on your own, BUT what I will tell you is watch how your lines represent some things. In some spots it looks like her skin in cloth like she's wearing it as a shirt. But more specifically are the hands. Everything that picture and the pose says is that the model is relaxed and it came through everywhere but the hands where they look tense and the lines are darker so they looked more stressed than everything else....but what do i know. Oh yeah nipples dont bite, dont be afraid to draw them.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Oscar said...

I think you got some nice structure going. The drawing looks like it has mass to it, even though it's mostly a contour drawing, I can totally see that there might be bone and mass underneath that skin. I can see that you wanted to draw the folds of the skin but then you might have shyed away from doing it; don't shy away from that, draw the folds, give it compression on the sides that have it. Don't worry you won't hurt their feelings, they knew what they were getting themselves into. Also, watch the neck and collar bone area it's looking a little iffy, but all that will take is familiarizing yourself with the structure there. I can see that your mostly a contour artist, I like contour life drawings. Remember, darker, heavier lines suggest shadow or darker areas, and lighter lines suggest highlights, or where the light source is comming from. Good job.

8:18 PM  
Blogger BrianMORANTE said...

i know who you are , the man!

4:11 AM  
Blogger johnny alexander said...

Keep up the life drawing stuff, very cool!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home